10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
20 April 2021
02:40
Your Current Time

Announcements

We have recently been working hard migrating our websites over to a new hosting provider so if you experience any problems please let us know so we can fix them as soon as possible.

Steven Palmer

Contact Us

IP categories

More

IP categories

How do I make this work. I created the categories but the guide does not give the needed information.

To make it easier to organize your Know IPs you can create categories to associated them with. For example you could create a category called Robots and then add all the known robots in your Known ips list to this category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

IP categories

Hi,

Are you using the Core (Free) version or Pro version of CoalaWeb Traffic?

Once you have created your categories you can then open the Known IPs list and add any visitors you want to identify or not count. You can specify an IP or Robot name and if you want it blocked or not.

You can find more info in the Known IPs part of the Traffic guide

In the Pro version of CoalaWeb Traffic there is a button that will auto populate the Known IPs list with more than a hundred of the most popular Robots such as Googlebot. You can find this button in the latest version of Traffic under Manage -> Tools

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Attachments:

More

IP categories

Are you saying I need to manually input each robot's IP address. I have a lot of robots. I am using the free version.

More

IP categories

Hi,

For the blocking of Robots I recommend using their names rather than IPs as 1 Robot will use a long list of IP's that can change and expand from time to time. Below is a few of the main Robots that you can create entries for in your IP list and then expanded on it as needed.

• baiduspider
  • bingbot
  • Googlebot

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

IP categories

I created the IP categories but I have a lot of unknown browsers. Also how do I know which IP address is mine?

Thank you for your help.

More

IP categories

Hi again,

Browser:
The CoalaWeb Traffic system tries to determine information about a visitor using Joomla's inbuilt detection system which in turn uses the visitors User-Agent to retrieve information such as browser and platform but the User-Agent header is optional.

Sometimes it can get filter or users may configure their clients to omit it but this is rarely done by legitimate visitors and more likely a robot of some sort or a user attempting to mask their information.

IP:
The quickest way to check you IP is to type into Google What is my IP or for more info you can use this website just by opening it in your browser it will automatically detect your IP and related info.

I will add display IP to the feature request list for further investigation ;)

Cheers,

Steve

The following user(s) said Thank You: narich5625

Time to create page: 3.649 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.