10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
20 April 2021
02:20
Your Current Time

Announcements

We have recently been working hard migrating our websites over to a new hosting provider so if you experience any problems please let us know so we can fix them as soon as possible.

Steven Palmer

Contact Us

Unique counter vs. hit counter?

More

Hello!
First of all. Thank you for a great extension! I am really liking this one :)

I am wondering, and this might have been asked before but couldn't find anything specific about it but if so i'm sorry...
But is it possible to count both unique visitors and also how many site/page hits are going on?
Unique visitors = log each ip once every x minutes (1440 in locktime for example)
Site/page hits = how many times users go to different sections within the website. For example - I go to website - then go to "about us" then go to "contact us" then back to "about us" and then to "forum" and that would count as 5 hits.. or should I say.. lookups.. don't know.

So you could see two different data in the backend. and maybe (not a must) add it to frontend module to show total lookups in that list?

hope I got myself clear here. and sorry if my english is bad. not my main language :)

best regards and thanks again!
Beatsuka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi,

I'm glad you like Traffic ;)

I would like to expand CoalaWeb Traffic to offer more information like you have have described so I will add it to the feature request list and look into the possibilities for a future release.

Thanks for you feedback.

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

ok thank you for the reply. looking forward to it. :)

If I have the locktime set to like 10 minutes. or even 1 minute.. and the traffic is heavy. will it slow down the website? :/ (I'm a noob at this things..)

and another question

if i have auto clear on. will the total visits still count even after the reset has been made? will it just clear the overview of ip's etc in backend?

I would also like to add that it would be nice to sort in backend so you can view today's visits, yesterday. week and month.

best regards
Hjalti

More

Hi,

If you have the locktime set very small and you do have a lot of traffic you might see a slight impact as the plugin has to count the traffic but unlikely on a good web server.

The clean up option is designed to stop your database filling up so it just counts up the visitors to be removed and adds them to a running total. So you will keep your total but the detailed information in the visitors view will be removed.

I'm looking into more options for organizing the visitor data including the inclusion of graphs but for now you have the following.

In the component Control Panel view you have a summary similar to the front end module to the right under Statistics. Under the Visitors view you can enter a date in the the search for example yesterday and it will return visitors for yesterday.

Does that answer your questions?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Yes thank you it does.

One more question if it is ok.

The guest online feature is only ip based If i understand this correctly. so if I set the locktime to 1 second or 1 min. it would still just show total guests compared to IP? so if 10 guests are on site and clicking like crazy the counter counts but module only show's 10 visitors/guests online?

It would also be cool to see guests online and users online in a future release :)

best regards and thanks for a great support and answers :)
Best regards
Hjalti

More

Hi,

In the current version the Who is Online part of the module is totally separate from the rest of the system. It uses its own plugin, database table and is controlled by cookies.

I use to have the Guests and Users online similar to the inbuilt Joomla module but is was very inaccurate due to the system using sessions. I made the decision to create my own more accurate way of counting who is online using cookies which was included in the last release. I have plans to expand on it for future releases and if I get enough people asking for it I might include the old less accurate method as an option as well.

Thanks,

Steve

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.