10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
06 March 2021
03:00
Your Current Time

Announcements

We have recently been working hard migrating our websites over to a new hosting provider so if you experience any problems please let us know so we can fix them as soon as possible.

Steven Palmer

Contact Us

Who is Online is not showing correct

More

Hello Steven,

I installed CW Traffic component and plugins, but Who is Online does not show correctly. It shows:

MOD_CWTRAFFIC_SUBTITLE_WHO

in stead of how many guests and how many members are online.

What can I do to solve this?

I am using version 0.1.7 and Joomla 2.5.22

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anjo

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi Anjo,

Can you check what version you have installed I think you might have version 0.1.8 installed and if this is the case it will be using the new who is online system.

Background:

The method of showing who is online used by Joomla (and the old version of Traffic) has been flawed for as long as I can remember due to the system using sessions. I have received countless emails about the inaccuracy of the system and I also wanted to see a more accurate representation of who is online. In response to this I have moved to a system of cookies (with my own plugin) to tell who is online along with data being stored in a table. I have plans to expand this to include more features but I want to get the base system stable first.

Looking at your image it appears that the language string for the text that displays below the who is online number is not being translated. Have you installed a language pack?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More