Our Current Time
25 October 2020
06:02
Your Current Time

Monthly/Yearly Charts - Feature suggestion

More

Hi.

I don't know if you still develop this component, since the forum has old topics, but, nevertheless.

I would like to see in the PRO version in the CHARTS section, an option to view the statistics by month and maybe year, if possible.

At the moment there is only a chart with the last month.

Kind regards,
Tomaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi Tomaz,

Good question, I normally encourage people to not keep more than a few months worth of entries in the database as on most shared hosting they have very limited resources and on high traffic website they would be storing huge amounts of data. (this is controlled through the "Cleanup" tab of the component options)

Why does this matter? The charts part of CoalalWeb Traffic is using data currently stored in the database so for most people the most recent info is what they are looking for. I could see an option to display the last few months (I will research this option more), but for more than that I would recommend using the reports system. Pro subscriber can have the reports automatically sent to their email address through the component options or download them directly by selecting dates through the "Manage" section of the CoalaWeb Traffic component.

By using the reports system you will have a lot more control over searching, correlating and storing the visitor traffic data.

Cheers,

PS. The latest version of CoalaWeb Traffic was released on 11-2-2020 and new features to come ;)

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Thank you for the quick reply.

My client (a public library) would need this, because sometimes they forget to check the reports every end of month and they might do it only in the middle of the next month and at that time, they have no visual option to do so - only through the reports, but they export only raw data (and are readable only to nerds).

They do (or better to say, I have to do) print screens of the monthly chart of visitors every end of month since they have to report anually to the national institutions about the website traffic.

If it would be possible to put in the CHARTS > Visitors a previous and next month arrow, so that we could change the graph statistics to the desired month with a total number of visitors for that month?

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Regards,
Tomaz

More

I totally understand, I will look into including something along those lines for the next release.

thanks,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.