Support Hours

"Reply To" option in CoalaWeb Contact to improve email delivery

More

Hi Steve,

I have the free version of CoalaWeb Contact on a few client websites and it works really well, thanks so much for providing this for free!

The issue I am facing at the moment is that some contact form emails are being flagged as spam and are not being delivered.

Setting "Mail From" to "Joomla Mail Settings" and entering an email address with the same domain name as the website significantly reduces the likelihood that the email will be flagged as spam.

Unfortunately, when the website administrator receives these emails and clicks on "Reply", by default they are replying to themselves.

My suggestion (maybe even as a Pro version feature) is to add an option to set the "Reply To" email address to the contact form sender email address.

Then when the website administrator clicks on "Reply", the email will be sent to the correct recipient by default.

Thanks so much for all that you do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback and it sounds like a good idea.

I always recommend setting the sent by option to Joomla settings to increase the likely hood of emails getting to their destination but as you have seen then the admin has to copy the email out of the message to reply to it.

I will run some test to work out the best way to implement a Reply To option.

Cheers,

PS. I also highly recommend Amazon's Simple Email Service which has helped me reduce my bounce rate to virtually 0 ;)

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Steven Palmer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozneilau

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.