Our Current Time
22 October 2020
14:13
Your Current Time

Clean SQJ files

More

Clean SQJ files

Hi there,
On MyGuru account there's an option called "Locate And Review Any SQL Files That Are Publicly Available".
In there, i can found a full collection of CW files in differents series :

• /plugins/system/cwgears/sql/updates/mysql/XXX.sql
  • /administrator/components/com_coalawebsociallinks/sql/updates/mysql/XXX.sql
  • /plugins/system/cwgears/sql/install/mysql/install.mysql.utf8.sql
  • /plugins/system/cwgears/sql/install/mysql/uninstall.mysql.utf8.sql
  • /plugins/system/cwgears/sql/updates/mysql/XXX.sql
Could you tell me if I should let them there ? Or if I should erase them ?
This is just to optimize security and space disk on my host.
Thanks in advance for any advice and ... let me wish you all the best :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Clean SQJ files

BTW, maybe can you do something on your forum for this useless link ? (see screenshot joined)...

Attachments:

More

Clean SQJ files

Hi,

Let me just run some tests on the update files and I will get back to you as there use to be a bug in Joomla. (I'll explain more in my next post)

Thanks,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Clean SQJ files

Hi,

So you don't want to remove any SQL files that have uninstall in the name as these are needed if you ever need to uninstall the extension otherwise the system won't know which database tables to remove.

In theory after the extension is installed you could remove the install SQL file but I don't think this will increase security because if your file/folder permissions are set correctly there is no direct access to this file.

In regards to the Update files they allow changes to be made to the database when upgrading versions of an extension. Basically Joomla's keeps track of schema versions for itself and components in the #__schemas table. It lists the extension_id and with the version_id and uses that to determine what updates to run.

So there was a bug that if you didn't ever have/use an update file then there wasn't a entry in the #__schemas table to compare against so future updates weren't run. I have run some tests and this bug seems to be fixed but I will have run more tests to make sure but the bottom line is once you have installed the latest version they aren't needed unless you choose to downgrade and then upgrade versions.

I don't recommend removing any of these files but you could and then before uninstalling etc you could install a copy over the top of your current one before attempting to uninstall for example and it should work as expected

Let me know if you have follow up questions.

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Clean SQJ files

Hi Steven, thank you for this complete and efficient answer :-)
I ask this question because I do not handle very well that part of Joomla. Now that you gave me your lights about this, I won't touch anything.
Thanks again, and have a ... happy new year :-)

More

Clean SQJ files

No problem I'm always glad to spread the knowledge ;)

Happy new year!

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.