Our Current Time
15 October 2019
05:04
Your Current Time

URL SHORTENER

More

URL SHORTENER

Hi Steven,
I'm a little bit confused with the URL SHORTENER today...
Google has stopped this service, but in the option Panel of CoalaWeb Social Links, it still offered to used it...
Should disable this option on all of my website ? Will you offer an alternative henceforward ?
Thanks for any info about that...

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

URL SHORTENER

Hi,

The next release of Social Links (released soon) will have Google + buttons etc and URL shortening removed due to Google ending support but in the case of the URL shortening I'm looking into alternatives and I'm happy to receive suggestions ;)

Cheers,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

URL SHORTENER

Hi again,

Just a heads up that I'm currently working on Bitly integration which should be ready very soon.

Thanks,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

URL SHORTENER

You rocks!
As always :-)

More

URL SHORTENER

Hi Steven,
After having congrated you on twitter for your amazing changelog ;) I have tried to apply the Bitly Shortener on one of my websites.
So I went to my Bitly account :

• My Account > Setting > Advanced setting
Here I met my first interrogation : Bitly consider that Api are being deprecated and recommend to use OAuth... (see first screenshot)

But i went on > Api support (see screenshot 2).

I copied the Api key and pasted it in you preference panel on CSL. But when I share link with Twitter account, URL are not shortened... ("Shorten Share Plugin" is activated)...
Any idea what I did wrong ?

Attachments:

Last edit: 2 months 1 day ago by BigStef.

More

URL SHORTENER

Hi,

The CoalaWeb Social Links system uses the new OAuth Generic Access Token and here are the steps:

How do I get an API Key? (Bitly)

For the Bitly URL shortening service you can use a Generic Access Token as your API key by following the steps below:

1. Log in to Bitly and click the hamburger icon in the top right. Next click the > next to your user name which will take you to the OAuth Apps page.

2. Next click Generic Access Token, enter your Bitly password, copy the access token, and paste it into API Key field to start making API requests.

Let me know how it goes ;)

Time to create page: 0.865 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.