Support Hours

Share this for Instagram

More

Share this for Instagram

Hi, thanks for a great piece of software with Social Links!

Now to the question, why no share button for Instagram?

Cheers,
Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Share this for Instagram

Hi Stefan,

I have had this question a few times recently so not long ago I added it to the Social LInks FAQ . Below is a copy of the answer ;)

Instagram currently doesn't allow sharing through a button like other social media platforms here is a quote from their documentation.

At this time, uploading via the API is not possible. We made a conscious choice not to add this for the following reasons:

• Instagram is about your life on the go – we hope to encourage photos from within the app.
  • We want to fight spam & low quality photos. Once we allow uploading from other sources, it's harder to control what comes into the Instagram ecosystem. All this being said, we're working on ways to ensure users have a consistent and high-quality experience on our platform.

Note: I'm keeping an eye out just in case they change their mind but currently Instagram wants people to share through their App.

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.