Our Current Time
28 October 2020
15:26
Your Current Time

TwitterCard and OG on Zoo categories page

More

Hi Steven,
I'm using Social Link on a 3.5.1 Joomla with Zoo 3.3.17 and CW Social Link 0.3.1 installed.
I can get all metadat, twittercard and OG and each items, that's works great and it is a realy plus :-)
Now what i'm trying is to get that kind of info on Zoo categories pages.
I have tried filling CW tab on the menu link, but i couldn't get anything, and by itself, CW Social doesn't show any twitter nor OG on Zoo Categories pages.
Is there anything to do i missed for that ?
If you could have any suggestion, it will be welcome...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi,

Open Graph tags for Zoo categories is quite complicated give me some time to run some tests and see if I can come up with some options.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

OK so I cant do it through the same method as the individual items due to layouts only being applied to Articles and or Authors. I'm now looking into extended my system plugin to see if I can pull in at least the title, description and image of a Zoo category to included with some Open Graph tags.

I will let you know when I have some thing to test ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigStef

More

Hi Steven, thanks a lot for your obstinacy on this topic, that's great!
I'll wait for news about this...
I'm choosing Zoo instead of K2 recently on all my news websites, for differents reasons, CoalaWeb Social LInk is one of them :-)

More

Great, I have just released new versions of both Contact and News so I will now make this a priority ;)

Cheers,

Steve

More

So change of plan, after doing some testing I have decided the cleanest most reliable way is to use the CoalaWeb menu editor tab to add tag info to a Zoo category.

I have attached an updated version of the system plugin cwmenumeta so grab a copy here and download/extract it and then upload/overwrite the current one found at :

plugins -> system -> cwmenumeta

Then enter the details you want through the menu editor for the Zoo category and the tags should be added.

Let me know how it goes.

PS. I'm also looking into integrating the fallback options from the component for Zoo too.

Thanks,

Steve

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigStef

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.