Closed
Our Current Time
28 October 2020
15:55
Your Current Time

[Solved] App domain not accepted

More

[Solved] App domain not accepted

I have set up a number of these using the excellent Coalweb guide.

On this occasion in the settings when I enter the domain, as I have on previous occasions, no http etc just the domain name, I get this error when saving.

App domains must match the domain of the Secure Canvas URL, Mobile Site URL, Unity Binary URL, Site URL or Secure Page Tab URL. Please correct these domains: afitnesshigh.com

I haven't a clue what the problem is or how to fix it.

Attachments:

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Steven Palmer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

App domain not excepted

Hi,

I have seen this error in that past if a user tries to fill in a domain in the app settings before adding a Platform (in our case website) and adding the appropriate URL.

Looking at your image I can see at the bottom it says Add Platform so I think you got to the App creation window with out the step in the guide where you Select a Platform to get started.

I recommend clicking Add Platform and then choosing Website after that it should work as expected.

Let me know how it goes.

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

App domain not excepted

Thanks for that.

You're absolutely right of course. Except I had already done all that. I had returned to settings to check only to find the domain had vanished.

To reolve this I had to add the platform, again.

So I have no idea what was going on there.

Cheers

More

App domain not excepted

Great I'm glad it's sorted, Facebook can be a bit quirky sometimes.

Hopefully this topic will help anyone else with a similar issue and I will add it to the FAQ for good measure.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.