Our Current Time
28 October 2020
16:28
Your Current Time

Problem to share homepage on facebook

More

Hi
i have shared homepage of my website on facebook and i see the first article on my homepage and not the general info
I've set on Coalaweb data info the correct info but without result

website is www.navdanyainternational.it
Can you help me?
Thanks Luca

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi Luca,

The CoalaWeb tab displayed in the Menu Editor will only affect non Joomla content (not articles or categories) this is to stop conflicts with their respective override tabs. It's designed for things such as a contact page.

Is you home page a category blog type displaying multiple articles?

If so you want to add your override title and description etc. to the Category Editor CoalaWeb tab. For example if I have my home page set up as a Category Blog and the chosen category is Blog I would then open up Blog in the Category Editor and use the CoalaWeb tab to add my custom details this will then be used rather than the first displayed article.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Hi
i've set the tab Coalaweb Inside category

If i try to share the category NOTIZIE navdanyainternational.it/it/notizie-navdanya-international is ok but not if i try to share homepage navdanyainternational.it/it/ it always take the first news... why?

Thanks Luca

More

Hi again,

Would you be able to give me temporary Admin access so I can take a look? You can use the following email to send the details:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

I just had a look and I think the issue is that your home page is using the Feature Articles layout which is more complicated because it isn't using a particular category but what ever articles you assign to be featured.

I will need some time to replicate your setup on my development server and run some tests. I will also make sure that the multilingual setup isn't affecting it either ;)

It will probably be Monday now before I have something for you to test.

Thanks,

Steve

More

Hi again,

I have nearly finished an update that adds a new option to use the CoalaWeb Menu Edtor tab for the Featured layout. You will be able to turn it in on in the Social Links component options under the Metadata Plugin tab.

I'm still working on a few other features users have asked for but I'm aiming to release it in the next few days.

Thanks,

Steve

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.