Our Current Time
28 October 2020
16:26
Your Current Time

[Solved] Share blog articles on Facebook

More

[Solved] Share blog articles on Facebook

Hello Steven :)
I would like to have your point of view in relation to sharing blog articles on Facebook.
I've a menu item that displays blog articles, there are four articles displayed on the same page.
Do you think it's possible with the new feature that you have implemented in the menu tab, to choose which article and which image must be displayed when I want to share this page on Facebook?
I don't think it's possible, but I prefer to have an answer from you before adopting an alternative solution...

Thank you

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Steven Palmer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Share blog articles on Facebook

Hi,

I have already added something for these cases ;)

When using a category blog layout the system first looks to the setting you have chosen for the category as it makes sense to display Open Graph tags based on the category when you have multiple articles on the page. If there isn't any for the category the system will attempt to extract info from the first article.

To assign options to a category open it with your category manager and use the CoalaWeb tab the same as an article.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Steven Palmer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iorbita

More

... thank you ;)

More

Hello Steven,
I come back to this post because I've just published articles from a category blog and it seems that Coalaweb Soacial Links doesn't take into account tag, description and image that I have set in the category CoalaWeb tab… I tried to set in the same way the menu CoalaWeb tab, but I have still the same result, Coalaweb Social Links doesn't dispaly what I've set in the tab… any idea?

www.scorrendoconilliri.it/beyond-the-road/attivita-culturali

Thank you :)

More

Hi,

Can you check to see if you have the component option under the Metadata Plugin tab set to Only Articles.

I have released a new version yesterday and it has a few improvements over the version I gave you so I recommend grabbing a copy and installing it over the top of your current one.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Hello Steven,
I've tried with the new version and there is no change… I noticed that the Open Graph Object Debugger indicates that the og:type is "website" and this is not what I set in the component and in the tab...

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by iorbita.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.