Closed
Our Current Time
28 October 2020
15:30
Your Current Time

Choose where to share on Facebook

More

The attached screenshot (from a norwegian site that uses Addthis) there is a possibility to choose where to share the article.

Is this possible to do with Coalaweb Facebook sharer?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

It's a bit of a long story but I will summarize.

CoalaWeb Social Links up until a few versions ago used what was knows as sharer.php to share with Facebook and it gave you the option to choose where to share to for example a page or a group(like your image). I was having some issues with it and after contacting Facebook they told it had been depreciated and replaced by the Sharer Dialog system which only offers the option to share to a personal time line.

So based on their advice I moved CoalaWeb Social Links over to the new Sharer Dialog (which also needs a Facebook ID which the old system didn't). But I have since seen that although they have removed all the documentation for the old version it continues to work which I think is because so many people are still using it Facebook is reluctant to remove it.

In response to this I will be including an option in the next release where you can choose which one you want to use. I would recommend setting up the new Share dialog but use the older system with more features then if they ever decided to fully stop the old system you can easily switch over to the new one.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Steven Palmer.

More

Hi again,

I can send you a modified copy of the current version with this new feature if you would like to try it.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

I'm logging off for the day but let me know if you want to try it and I will send you a copy when I log back in tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve

More

Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I will talk to my customer and get back to you.

More

Yes, I need a modifed copy with the option to choose the old sharer.php interface. My customer needs to be able to choose where to share the article.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.