10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
22 September 2021
22:59
Your Current Time

Announcements

I will be releasing a separate Joomla 4 version for each of my extensions and I'm aiming to have some ready in the next few weeks but this will also depend on any bugs that arise in the Joomla core code as more users staring using it.

Steven Palmer

Module changes formatting of texts

More

HI there :)

I found you wonderful modules and have to say: Great, go for it! I also asked to help with the translations because I need to have those in german ;) My name on transifex is ninja.kisch, it would be great if I could support you :)

My question:
I have special text parts that are formatted in a certain manner. I need to have this format in the news overview also. Right now the tool puts all text just after each other. This is not the way I need it unfortunately...
Here is the solution with your tool:

j3.kathrinikreativa.de

Here is how the text should look like:

j3.kathrinikreativa.de/lyrics

I hope I was able to describe the issue clearly and also hope you can help me :)

Many thanks beforehand!
Ninja

Attachments:

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ninja.kirsch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi NInja,

Firstly I'm glad you like my extensions ;) and if you would like to help translating and at the same time get yourself a copy of the Pro version when you are done have a read here .

Now onto your question, so the module will strip everything out of the article such as HTML and plugin code etc to make sure the articles display consistently with out any strange characters. I saw that the text you referred to is using a span tag with some styling so when the text is processed by the module it is removed.

Give me a bit of time to have a think about a possible solution for situations like yours, maybe an option to leave HTML in but strip out any other code. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Hi again,

I have added a new option to turn on or off the stripping of HTML from the articles, I will just finish testing and then I will post a link for you to try.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Try downloading and installing this and then in the module options under the advanced tab try setting the Strip HTML option to no.

Cheers,

Steve

More

Hi Steve,

wow, works perfectly well! In terms of that :)

Can you have a look at the site: j3.kathrinikreativa.de/
It seems that it removes space after the box?
Also only the first link works all other seem to be in a loop back to the actual site.

Appreciate it so much!
Where can I rate your stuff in order to help you?

Cheers,
Nina

Best regards,
Nina

More

Hi NIna,

Can you try turning the Strip HTML setting back on to see if there is some stray HTML causing the issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Time to create page: 2.069 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.