Our Current Time
15 October 2019
15:19
Your Current Time

GDPR Compliance with CW SOCIAL LINKS?

More

Hi,

i use "Social Share"-Plugin and "Social Links"-Modul from the CW SOCIAL LINKS extension. As i can see, there are "only" links to the social networks and no iframes or other elements where Twitter or Facebook (...) try to get data from my site.

Is this correct?

But after the site footer there is an Twitter-iframe (comes from plugin "System -CW Gears").

Is it possible to deaktivate/remove this iframe?

So in my understanding i could be GDPR compliant, if i only use "Social Share"-Plugin and "Social Links"-Modul without this iframe.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi,

Firstly I would like to state I'm no expert in GDPR but as far as I'm aware you are correct if you just stick to the Share buttons which don't perform any tracking and are just links to their respective social networks the system should be compliant.

In respect to the Twitter iframe can you show me a screenshot of the code in question or link to a page so I can see the source code just make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Thanks,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Thank you!

Attachments:

More

Is it possible that another extension or your template is adding that code to the page? The only thing related to Twitter that can be turned on or off in association with the Twitter share buttons is the inclusion of the Twitter JavaScript file that will display in the head of the page like this:

platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The CoalaWeb Social Links Pro demo page isn't currently including that iframe in the page and off the top of my head I cant think of where it could be coming from within CoalaWeb Social Links.

Cheers,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Thank you for your help!

It was activated in the module (part: share this social) where i only use the follow-buttons.

So for me i do not have to explain it in detail in the privacy policy.

It is an advantage of the SOCIAL LINK extension!

Andreas

More

Hi again,

Can you answer a couple of follow up questions:

• What version of Social Links are you using?
  • What version of Joomla?
  • Did you originally get Social inks packaged with a template you purchased?
  • Do you have any template overrides for any of the Social Links modules? You can check by going to the following:
templates -> yourtemplatename -> html

Thanks,

Last edit: 4 months 2 days ago by Steven Palmer.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.