Our Current Time
11 August 2020
06:02
Your Current Time

Problems after page transfer with Akeeba Backup

More

Ho Coalaweb team

I installed the Basic Version of the Contact Component on my development server. Everything worked fine and i think this is a very good component! Bu after i transferred the webpage to another server (using Akeeba Backup) the page that shows the module for the contact form is not showing. When i disable the module it suddenly works again.
Do you know what causes this issue?

Thank you for a quick feedback!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi,

I have a feeling a resource that CoalaWeb Contact is attempting to use can't be found but let see if there is a PHP error message being hidden on the page in question.

Can you make sure you Error Reporting is set to Development by going to :

Global Configuration  -> Server -> Server Settings
Then enable CoalaWeb Contact and try visiting the page again, if any messages displays copy them back to this topic so we can further fault find the issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Steven Palmer.

More

Hi Steve

Thank you for replying. I have activated the module and error reporting as you suggested. To my knowledge there is no error message being displayed.
You can check here: ergotherapie-gross-klussmann.de/kontakt
This is the page that is currently not working because the module is activated.

Can i somehow install the component again? Maybe the problems come from the transfer.

Best regards
Björn

More

Hi Björn,

I just had a look at you page and in my experience a blank page like that is normally a PHP error being hidden perhaps your server settings are overriding you Joomla settings.

Yes, I was going to suggest grabbing a fresh copy of CoalaWeb Contact and installing it over the top of your current one to see if it fixes any missing assets.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Hi Steve

I tried to install it again and the message:
«Unable to install, needs PHP 5.4 or higher» popped up. I checked and the hosting of the new server runs on PHP 5.3.29.
No wonder it does not run...

So i need to either ask my customer to update his hosting or i need to find another component.
Thank you very much for your quick help and sorry for bothering you with (what was obviously) not your components fault.

Thanks!
Björn

More

Ahhh OK so the PHP error message would have been a reference to a missing PHP function and your development server must have had at least 5.4.

Normally changing a PHP version is quite easy and all the hosting providers I have worked with have guides relating to it. In cPanel for example its normally just a case of clicking the PHP Configuration and selecting what version you want and most offer 5.5 these days.

Just a bit more back ground info to help convince your client, PHP 5.3 has been considered obsolete since August 2014 More Info

Thanks,

Steve

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Steven Palmer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: weblandschaft

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.