Closed
Our Current Time
11 August 2020
06:55
Your Current Time

Module name bug?

More

Module name bug?

I just checked the settings, and everything was already set exactly as you suggested. Again, I have not received any email at all from the system today, irrespective of what was logged in or out.

I'll create the test admin account as you suggested and forward the details...

What confuses me, is the fact that it installed fine, and has been working perfectly every time I tested it while the website was in development, but now as soon as I go live, it starts causing issues when nothing has been changed relating to the contact form for several months. :S

Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by pcal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Module name bug?

By way of a further update, the sent message seem to be getting stuck in something. I tried sending messages several times earlier today with no success. And now, several hours later, the "Message Sent" message bar just came up on screen while I was doing something unrelated (uploading an edited graphic to a different module), and my inbox got all the previously failed messages at once. There would seem to be an intermittent blockage somewhere...

Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by pcal.

More

Module name bug?

Hi,

I have received your details so I will run some tests but based on your last message it sounds like the mail server associated with the email address you are using might be the hold up.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Module name bug?

Hi again,

OK so the bottom line is slow response times from your web server sometimes quite good sometime extremely slow.

Let me explain when I send the form I watch the little wheel (Firefox for example) turn the first direction this is attempting to contact the web server which in my tests sometimes took over a minute. When it starts turning the other way this means it has made contact and is carrying the process of sending the form (also checking fields/captcha etc) and at this stage in my tests it only took a second or two to send the form. Now that the form is sent and you will see the sent mail message at the top of your page content.

If I was using my Gmail account for the Joomla setting and Contact Component I would get it straight away in my in box. If I changed the Joomla mail settings back to your original settings I would have to wait between 10 seconds to 10 minutes.

Bottom line
The system is working but sometime the submitting of the form maybe a bit slow and receiving the emails may also be quite slow. Once I have change back the Joomla setting and CoalaWeb Contact to both using email addresses from your host this may compound the time issue increasing the time to receive the emails.

I think the time differences I have received are due to load on your web server which when light function quite well but under load can become quite slow.

A couple more things
  • One other factor is if some chooses the send me a copy options this will also add time as the system has to process that email as well.
  • I also left the Joomla settings to PHP mail as I found it working well. Your Web Hoster obviously has it set up a few don't but it's rare.
  • I have changed back all the settings but I have no way to test the validity of the emails address you have entered.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Attachments:

Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Steven Palmer.

More

Module name bug?

Thanks again for looking into my site. Really can't get my head around the mail server being the issue, especially as the provider has only just upgraded all their facilities...

At least, I can be confident that messages will get through, if not right away. Perhaps I'll need to explore alternative hosting arrangements.

More

Module name bug?

Hi,

No problem I'm glad to help.

I'm assuming you are a reseller having mentioned WHM and Cpanel and as I'm sure you are aware with multiple sites placing a load at different times on a server there can be fluctuations in the sites speed (I'm a WHM/Cpanel user my self) . I think it was combination of sometimes a bit slow getting a response from the web server while sending and checking the form combined with a bit of delay from the mail server.

A lot of these things can be very difficult to pinpoint but as you said if the mail comes through a bit delayed as long as it gets through that’s the main thing.

Cheers,

Steve

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.