10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
05 December 2021
09:23
Your Current Time

Announcements

I will be releasing a separate Joomla 4 version for each of my extensions and I'm aiming to have some ready in the next few weeks but this will also depend on any bugs that arise in the Joomla core code as more users staring using it.

Steven Palmer

DB Error after CoalaWeb Traffic GEO Location Installation

More

I have installed CoalaWeb Traffic a bit ago. After the installation of the GEO Location DB I have got an error message on the website.

Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in /var/www/xxxxxx/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_coalawebtraffic/assets/geoip/geoip.inc on line 571

Then I have tried to de- and reinstall and I also deleted the "/administrator/components/com_coalawebtraffic/assets/geoip/GeoLiteCity.dat" and then the website was back but the module was gone.

Now I have installed again and under Extensions -> Manage -> Manage and searching for "Traffic" I find two Modules but I don't know how I can get it shown on the website.

Can you help?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi,

Lets work through your questions:

If you uninstall the Component it will take care of uninstalling the other parts of the system for you including the plugin and modules.

Traffic Core has one module while Traffic Pro has the basic module and the new Pro module that has extra features and a new layout and style. In you case you want to configure and publish the CoalaWeb Traffic Pro module.

GEO DB
Based on your error message it does seem like the GEO database may have been corrupt. Did you install it using the Install GEO Database button or did you do it manually? If you receive an error like the one you described you only need to delete the GeoLite2-City.mmdb file found in:

administrator/components/com_coalawebtraffic/assets/geoip/v2 directory

Then you can try adding the GEO database again.

Does that answer your questions? let me know how you goes.

Thanks

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

I just noticed in your post that you mentioned deleting the following file (this was the right thing to do):

/administrator/components/com_coalawebtraffic/assets/geoip/GeoLiteCity.dat

So you are using the Core version and in the image you have:

1 Component (Configure and administer the system)
1 Module (View visitors in the front end)
3 Plugins (No direct configuration needed)

So you want to open your module manage and publish the Traffic module to see the visitors counted in the front of your site.

GEO DB
Based on your error message it does seem like the GEO database may have been corrupt. Did you install it using the Install GEO Database button or did you do it manually?

Thanks

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Steven Palmer.

More

Exactly. Thanks for your quick reply by the way.

All seems fine after reinstalling the extension, except the module. I simply don't know how to get it activated so that you can see it on the website. As you can see, the module seems to be installed, but it's not shown up....

I am clueless.

EDIT: I tried to install it once directly from the extension what didn't work, then I did it manually.

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Zauberlehrling!.

More

No problem so to get the module displaying again you need to go to Extensions -> Modules from there you can do a search for Traffic. Once you find it click on the title to open it's configuration options.

• First change the Status to Published.
  • Then above that pick a Position (this can be a bit tricky) if you know your current template's name you can choose a position under it's name or scroll down to the bottom of position list and use one of the Active Positions. (you might need to try a few checking the front of your site until you are happy with it's location.
  • Next you will need to click the Menu Assignment tab and pick where you want it display to start with set it to On all pages.

Once you have it displaying you can fine tune it with the other options.

Cheers

More

Once you have the module displaying again we can move on to the GEO database.

The manual way is always a bit tricker than with the automatic system but here are some tips.

Download the db from Here and extract it.

The current download size should be around 12MB and the extracted size should be around 19MB which can help identify a corrupted database.

Once you have it ready use your FTP client to upload it to:

administrator/components/com_coalawebtraffic/assets/geoip

If you see any error messages just delete the GEO database no need to uninstall Traffic or any of its parts.

Let me know how it goes.

Time to create page: 1.780 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.