10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
05 December 2021
10:00
Your Current Time

Announcements

I will be releasing a separate Joomla 4 version for each of my extensions and I'm aiming to have some ready in the next few weeks but this will also depend on any bugs that arise in the Joomla core code as more users staring using it.

Steven Palmer

Login using phone is not seen

More

I installed the Core app this afternoon, to get a better result than the native joomla module for Logged In users.
I logged in using 3 browsers, but all from the same IPC of my desktop.
I also logged in using Chrome on my (Android) phone.
The web traffic history says 2 for today.
The visitors section shows my correct IPC.
Under Who is On line I see just 1 online.
some browsers may have been refreshed.
The native module shows 2 guests and 4 members on line.
How is this difference possible?
(not urgent)
L te Braake

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi,

I'll explain a bit, in the early days of CoalaWeb Traffic I was using a similar method as Joomla's inbuilt module to display who was online but there is one major issues with that system and it's called sessions. This made the displayed user data very inaccurate as it was being stored for the length of a session as set in your Joomla system configuration.

After unsuccessfully trying to get the old system to be more accurate I decide to move away from that method and created my own which uses cookies and a stored IP in a database table. If for example you visit my Demo Site and then check your browser cookies you should find a cwGeoData cookie in the list.

The system will do the following:

• Gets your IP
  • Checks if it already exist in the who is online table
  • If it doesn't it will create a cookie and add the IP and date time to the database table
  • If it does it will update the date time in the database table
  • If more than 10 minutes has passed the database entry will be removed

The CoalaWeb Traffic module displays the users currently stored in the who is online database table.

I hope that clears up how it works but let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.001 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.