10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
05 December 2021
10:31
Your Current Time

Announcements

I will be releasing a separate Joomla 4 version for each of my extensions and I'm aiming to have some ready in the next few weeks but this will also depend on any bugs that arise in the Joomla core code as more users staring using it.

Steven Palmer

component disappeared

More

component disappeared

Hello Steven How do you do ?

I had some problems to solve with Coalaweb Traffic (minor adjustement in the vistor count) and was about to edit some parameters, when I realized that on my site, I had no more access to the web traffic component menu, as you can see under this :

plugins are active but no more acces to the component in backend. Did you ever see that ?
Frontend is OK as you can see here :

Strange isn't it !

Any idea on what I can do ?
(Joomla 3.6.4, JSN Epic Pro template, cw Traffic 1.0.7)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

component disappeared

Hi,

Things are going well, it's been a while since I have seen you in the forum ;)

That is very strange, I think the first to do is note down your current visitor count based from the module and then download a fresh copy of Traffic and try installing it over the top of your current one.

Let me know how it goes,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

component disappeared

Hello Steven,

I did it, it worked really fine, component is viewable (and clickable) again :)

I will try to change the visitor counter (don't know when, will try on a replicate site before). Opposite to everyone, I want to lesser the counter !! (some problems while winter hour changed) if I don't tell wrong, I must purge the base count before entering my old count (Settings > General > Preset counter).

Suggestion (when you'll have some time) let the user choose from which date he will purge the table (it's rare in my own opinion they want to purge everything, I would find it great if I could say (by example) delete all records before mm/dd/yyyy)

Have a nice weekend

More

component disappeared

Great I'm glad that worked I have seen in the past on sites that were upgraded that sometimes a components component_id in the menu table can be set to 0 which can then be fixed with a reinstalled.

In regards to what you have described I could maybe add an option to the automatic database cleanup feature in the component options so it removes older records but doesn't add them to a running total.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

component disappeared

Hello Steven, had a good weekend ?

in my own opinion, you should not change the automatic cleanup property (Settings > cleanup) but add this option only in the Manage > Purge one (make it mandatory and display current day minus 1) this must remain an really rare choice to do.

By the way, I wanted to complete the French translation for web Traffic but got a 403 error and had to contatct Transifex . Still waiting.

This message contains confidential information

I will contact you further (after Transiflex) answer my request.

have a nice day

More

component disappeared

Thanks for your help with the transitions ;)
Just let me know when it's sorted out and I will re-sync the language packs.

Cheers,

Steve

Time to create page: 1.684 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.