10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
05 December 2021
09:32
Your Current Time

Announcements

I will be releasing a separate Joomla 4 version for each of my extensions and I'm aiming to have some ready in the next few weeks but this will also depend on any bugs that arise in the Joomla core code as more users staring using it.

Steven Palmer

my visits counter does not change

More

There is definitely something strange going on because as I refresh (front end) I can see different French IP addresses being recorded each time even though I'm currently in New York.

I can also see when I refresh the displayed IP in the module is always French and each time it changes which is the reason the number of online users keeps increasing.

When I check the current visitors that have been recorded by CoalaWeb Traffic they are all French and my current IP isn't listed at all. The Browser and Platform are being recorded correctly just the IP is being converted to a constantly French one.

If for example I search for this IP 149.202.93.26 in the list of recorded visitors I can see it being used for my visit (Linux) and another user maybe yours (Windows)

• Are you hosting the website yourself?
  • Is your website behind some sort of proxy?
  • Can you think of any of your server settings etc. that would cause such behaviour?
  • Maybe some sort of security application?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hello
My website is hosted by OVH .
It does not go through a proxy.
By cons I use a Aesecure joomla extension.
Do you know ?
You want to see the .htaccess file ?

thank you

cordially

More

Hi again,

Interesting, I have never seen this type of issue before.

I will do some further testing and also research into OVH. If you could copy the htaccess contents into a text doc and send it to me by email I could run some tests on it as well.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Hi again,

OK so I think I see what happening basically OVH acts as a proxy. This means that your visitors are routed through the OVH cloud network. This allows OVH like other similar services such as CloudFlare to stop attacks before they reach your network. It also allows them to speed up page load time by more efficiently routing packets and, more importantly, caching static resources (images, javascript, css, etc.) on a very fast connection. However, as a result, the connecting IP will always come from the their network in your case OVH.

You can check this by looking up any of the IP's that are recorded by Traffic and you will see that they all belong to OVH.

I will need some time to look into a possible work around.

Steve

Attachments:

Time to create page: 2.009 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.