Our Current Time
15 September 2019
20:41
Your Current Time

Facebook - App Review required

More

Hello,

I have received notifications from Facebook that I need to submit the app for review before 2/8/18. I have setup apps for my clients on my facebook developer page as per your documentation. When I go to the App Review section and click the 'start a submission' button there is a list of options under 'login permissions' and 'features' (I'm using the Pro version).

The app is setup for the facebook share options. Do you have any documentation on what we need for the app to work for sharing?

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi Lene,

An App that is only used for social plugins shouldn't need an App Review here is the quote from the Facebook Developers website:

Apps that Do Not Require Review

Your app does not require review if it only uses:

• Social plugins
  • Facebook's mediated sharing products, like the web sharing dialog or the iOS or Android share sheets
  • Facebook Login, where the only data being accessed is email, name, and profile photo

• Is you App (App ID) being used by any other extensions for any other purposes?/li]
  • Did you use the settings as outlined in this Guide for your App?/li]
  • When did you initial create your App? and have you had to make any changes to it?
I have never had to submit any of my social Apps for review so I'm interested to know whats different about yours.

Thanks,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Steven Palmer.

More

Hi Steve,

I have received a notification on all my websites... Can I PM you so edetails? I must admit I don’t get it all... another area I need to look further into...

Thanks
Regards
Lene

More

Hi again,

No problem, I will be out of the office this morning but I can take a look for you this afternoon. You can send any relevant details to
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

Hi Steve,

As I only use the facebook app for the tab share option, do you know if I need to take any other action but adding links to website privacy and terms?

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

More

Hi Lene,

Short answer

Based on my research that should be all you need.

Long answer

I recent wrote a blog post about this topic that links to the updated guide and here is an extract from the guide:

Do I need a review?

Recently a new message has appeared in the App administration window titled:

App Review required by August 1, 2018 to retain access to Facebook Platform APIs

As far as I'm aware none of the situations mentioned in the Where, why and how section of the guide require an App review as outlined by Facebook:

If your app uses advanced FB Login or Messenger permissions, or if you want your app to be listed in App Center, you need to submit the app for review.

Note: Based on my research Apps should continue to function for the purposes of the CoalaWeb Social Links extension after the 1st of August even with no review but I will continue to monitor the situation.

Does that answer your questions?

PS. I'm just about to release a huge update that will make using a Facebook Application optional plus a tonne of other cool new features and improvements

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.