Saturday
10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
15 September 2019
20:34
Your Current Time

The Social Tabs popup in various lightbox (JCE Mediabox, Dj-Mediatools) ?

More

Just to clarify the window that opens is interactive isn't it? Like a modal/iframe wrapper containing interactive elements. Also just out of interest what module position did you publish the original copy of Social Tabs to?

In respect to the location of the Tabs code it is designed to be published on the page in say the Debug module position and then it moves and attaches itself to the page edge through CSS and Javascript.

I'm currently testing ways to identify an outer iframe and stop Tabs displaying ;) I will keep you posted.

Cheers,

PS. Good solution that you came up with for now ;)

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Ok I think I have it.

I have written some JavaScript that tests if it is currently being displayed in an Iframe and then searches the content and finds and hides Tabs. I'm still running tests on how best to implement it but I will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

When you have a chance try opening up:

modules -> mod_coalawebsocialtabs -> tmpl -> default.php

and add this to the very end after all the other code and see if the Tabs display in the Iframe.
<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        var isInIframe = (window.location != window.parent.location) ? true : false;
        if (isInIframe == true) {
        jQuery('body').contents().find('#<?php echo $moduleUniqueId ?>').hide();
    }
    });
</script>

Cheers,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chacapamac

More

Yes Coala ask to put their tab in the ”debub” position — Do you think it will be different if I add a new position myself to the template?

Anyway, I try your code.
1— I revert from using the Advanced Custom Html Module to the Normal Joomla Custom Module (like before when I have the problem)
2— I create an Override (html) folder of the mod_coalawebsocialtabs/default.php
3— I add your script after all the other code

Reload all that, use the directional buttons in DJ-mediatools — Everyting work OK - NO TABS in DJ-MEDIATOOLS

Great! — Can you explain a little bit, because I think the dev of the editor JCE seem to have a similar bug in is development ligtbox ...

More

The module position should be fine it just depends on what the template providers offer in most cases it's debug but with some templates it has to be different. It's normally trial and error in those cases because as I mentioned the code is publish to that position but the displayed elements are attached to the current page.

I'll explain what the code is doing below:

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        var isInIframe = (window.location != window.parent.location) ? true : false;
        if (isInIframe == true) {
        jQuery('body').contents().find('#<?php echo $moduleUniqueId ?>').hide();
    }
    });
</script>
  1. The .ready is triggering it when the page is loaded.
  2. The variable isInIframe is holding a true/false answer based on testing if the page is currently being display within an Iframe
  3. If its true I search the page for my Tabs module based on its unique ID and I hide it.

I will run some more tests and add this as an option in the next release.

Cheers,

More

Great Stuff - Thanks — I will deploy it live and come back here if any problems

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.