Saturday
10am - 4pm
Sunday
Closed
Our Current Time
15 September 2019
20:44
Your Current Time

How can you control which image is used in share?

More

How is the image selected for use in the share such as Facebook.

Currently this seems almost random, sometimes it's not even an image used on the page.

How can I control this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Hi,

The short answer is Open Graph tags which are placed in the header of a page. Facebook will first look for these tags and then move on to scrapping the page to extract the details from the page.

Are you using the Free (Core) version or the Pro version of CoalaWeb Social Links?

The Pro version comes with a meta tags system that auto generates Open Graph tags and allows them to be overridden on a per item basis.

If you are using the Core version no problem there are loads of free Open Graph extension in JED here is a Link filtered for free open graph extensions.

To understand more about the sharing system I have also written a Guide with tips and info on the subject.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

More

I currently am using perfect open graph tags. But this doesn't allow for page by page control.

Ideally I'd like it to pick up the intro image. Would the pro version allow me to set that?

More

The Pro version allows overriding the auto generated Open Graph tags for each Joomla article by adding a CoalaWeb tab to the editor window (see attachment) You can also override the tags generated for your Joomla categories and you can also add tags to your menu items.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

GET IN TOUCH

We will be glad to help you with any general or technical questions.