Important Notice

If you have upgraded CoalaWeb Traffic to version 0.1.8 please make sure to clear your Joomla + Browser Cache and open and save the Component and Module Configuration Options. Please check the FAQ and Guide for more details.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I need to uninstall and reinstall.

I need to uninstall and reinstall. 1 year 9 months ago #173

• Steven Palmer
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
I have moved the question below from the comments section of the CeltaWeb Traffic Blog Article.
I need to uninstall the program, and reinstall it.

Need Help Badly!!!

Guy
Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Steven Palmer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I need to uninstall and reinstall. 1 year 9 months ago #182

• Steven Palmer
  • Administrator
Do you know what this means?

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/G/u/y/GuysWeb/html/customers/Jeanie_Prentice/administrator/components/com_celtawebtraffic
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/G/u/y/GuysWeb/html/customers/Jeanie_Prentice/administrator/components/com_celtawebtraffic
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/G/u/y/GuysWeb/html/customers/Jeanie_Prentice/administrator/components/com_celtawebtraffic
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/content/G/u/y/GuysWeb/html/customers/Jeanie_Prentice/components/com_celtawebtraffic
Component Uninstall: Can't uninstall. Please remove manually

How would I do it manually or where would I look?
Hi! I'm Steve the founder and head developer of CoalaWeb design studios. I'm an avid supporter of open source projects and the GPL license.

I need to uninstall and reinstall. 1 year 9 months ago #183

• Steven Palmer
  • Administrator
Hi Guy,

The short answer it sounds like it didn't install properly or some files were deleted. An easy option is to try to install the component again this will create all the files that the system is complaining about and then uninstall as you would normally.

Note: Just a bit of info the com_celtawebtraffic.xml file that it is looking for gives Joomla the information to install and uninstall an extension such as which database tables to create or remove as well as any relevant files and directories.

** Lastly I always have to check what version of Joomla are you using? **

I hope that helps, let me know how it goes.

I need to uninstall and reinstall. 1 year 9 months ago #184

• Guy101
  • Fresh Boarder
I decided just to pull dow a new "CeltaWeb Traffic Package".

When I see this:

Important: For the system to work properly you need both the component and module. Grab the pkg version and remember to extract it first before installing.

What does it mean by package version and witch one should I upload first com or mod ?

I need to uninstall and reinstall. 1 year 9 months ago #185

• Steven Palmer
  • Administrator
Hi Guy,
You can download the component and module separately or to make it easier I put them both in a folder and zipped them up together (package) so you only have to down one item.If you choose to download the package you will have to extract it once it has downloaded.

You can install them in either order but the component first is good way to do it then the module.

I need to uninstall and reinstall. 1 year 9 months ago #186

• Steven Palmer
  • Administrator
One more thing what version of Joomla are you using ?
Moderators: Steven Palmer
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds